Friday, July 18, 2014

When I needed a hand, I found your paw

The love I have for my dog is unreal. Saying "see ya soon" to him was one of the hardest things I've ever done & our house won't be a home until he is here with us.
I know most of you probably think my life revolves around him.. it doesn't, but he does add so much joy to my life & the lives of everyone who has the pleasure of meeting him. He's been my best friend, my protector, my comfort, my shoulder to cry on, my support, my secret keeper, my comic relief, my therapy, my heart.. The one who follows me everywhere, looks to me for permission, shares my food, spends countless days offering unconditional love to me because that's what dogs do.
I read a quote that said, "be the person your dog thinks you are" & I want to do just that. A dog is the only one on earth that loves you more than they do themselves, so why would I not try to have the same heart that he does. Unconditional love for everyone..
I truly think that God gave us the companionship of dogs to show us how He loves us. No matter what we do or how long we are gone, He is always going to love us & always be the first to greet us when we come home.

I thank God every day for Tyson (multiple, multiple times). I'm so blessed to be loved by & to love one of the most smart, gentle, hairy, playful animals in the world.

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home & every home would have a dog"

No comments:

Post a Comment